The questions that were asked of Paul regarded newsletters he published 20 years ago. The newsletters apparently contained some pretty incendiary racist material, such as that the Israelies were responsible for the World Trade Center attacks in 1993.
While Paul was still in the room, he said that he didn’t read the newsletter because he was a busy doctor during the period of publication. We must assume that Paul is being truthful here because we all know that doctors do not read in their spare time. That would be a waste. However, he did have plenty of time to publish the newsletter for profit of a reported one million dollars.
After a few more rounds of questions on the same issue, Paul, apparently frustrated, took off his microphone and left the set, refusing to answer any more questions.
Borger, ever stalwart, continued to ask questions even though Paul was no longer in the room. After aggressively pursuing the same line of questioning for around three more minutes, Borger seemed satisfied with the response she was getting and ended the interview. The following is a transcript of the second half of the Ron Paul interview.
Borger - I’m sorry if these questions make you uncomfortable Congressman, but it is my responsibility to ask them.
Ron Paul - (A low humming sound can be heard from the florescent lights overhead)
Borger - Mm hmm. I see. And why should we take your word when the evidence seems to point to the contrary?
Ron Paul - (The sound of Borger’s breathing)
Borger - But don’t you think the voters of this nation deserve better?
Ron Paul - (A dog barks in the distance)
Borger - Thank you very much for your time congressman. Good luck in Iowa. Back to you in the studio Wolfe.
- Ron Paul Walks Out Of CNN Interview (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ron Paul Touted His Controversial Newsletters In 1995 C-SPAN Interview (huffingtonpost.com)
- Pew Proves It: Ron Paul Gets Snubbed by Media (restoringtruthiness.org)
- Ron Paul: I’ll Haunt Your Prostate, Free Bananas! (restoringtruthiness.org)
- Our Guide to the Best Coverage of Ron Paul and His Record (restoringtruthiness.org)
- Trump Ankles “Newt Romney” to New Reality TV Show (restoringtruthiness.org)
- The Last Gasp of the Failed GOP Frontrunner (restoringtruthiness.org)
- “Ron Paul 2012!” Says Drunk Guy (restoringtruthiness.org)
- Donald Trump to Moderate Debate and Hot Dog Sales Challenge (restoringtruthiness.org)
- Rand Paul Spinning His Wheels On Failed Amendment (restoringtruthiness.org)
- Ron Paul Buses Not Short Enough for Values Voter Summit (restoringtruthiness.org)
- Tony Perkins: Ron Paul Didn’t Win Poll He Won (restoringtruthiness.org)