Facing her toughest critic to date, Fox News anchor Chris Wallace, Sarah Palin defended her version of American history, in which Paul Revere “warned the British,” saying that she didn’t get it wrong. Palin began by explaining that her publicity tour was not a publicity tour. Instead, it was a publicity tour where she will be “publicizing Americana and our foundation and how important it is that we learn about our past and our challenges and victories throughout American history.”
However, there are rules for this publicity tour. The first rule of this publicity tour is no one calls it a publicity tour. The second rule of this publicity tour is no one calls it a publicity tour. The third rule of this publicity tour is no one can ask any “gotcha questions” about American history.
Well, apparently SOMEONE broke that rule! And that’s got Mrs. Palin a bit miffed:
“You know what, I didn’t mess up about Paul Revere. Here’s what Paul Revere did. He warned the Americans that ‘the British were coming, the British were coming’ and they were going to try to take our arms. . . . But remember, the British had already been there . . . part of his ride was to warn the British that were already there that, ‘hey, you’re not going to succeed. You’re not going to take American arms. You are not going to beat our own well-armed persons, individual, private militia that we have.’ He did warn the British. And in a shout-out, gotcha-type of question that was asked of me, I answered candidly. And I know my American history.”
So on Sarah Palin’s One Nation Tour to publicize American history, keep those gotcha-type American history questions to yourselves.
- Sarah Palin Denies Chris Wallace’s Charge That She ‘Messed Up About Paul Revere’ (mediaite.com)
- Sarah Palin Stands by Mangled Paul Revere Story: It Was a ‘Gotcha Question’ (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Because, sure, why not … Apparently someone tried to edit Sarah Palin’s Paul Revere comments INTO the man’s Wikipedia page. (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Another Follow Up of the Day: Palin Defends Paul Revere Revision (thedailywh.at)
- Sarah Palin: My Paul Revere Account Was Totally Accurate (inquisitr.com)
- Palin: I Didn’t Flub Paul Revere (newser.com)
- Sarah Palin defends her take on Paul Revere’s ride – USA Today (news.google.com)
- Palin: ‘I didn’t mess up about Paul Revere’ (crooksandliars.com)
- Sarah Palin sticks to guns on Paul Revere gaffe (calgaryherald.com)
- Palin Fans Try To Edit Paul Revere Wikipedia Page To Reflect Her Version Of History (alan.com)