Regardless of the fact that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was completely covered from shoulders to (probably) toes similar to Diane Keaton in just about every Diane Keaton movie ever made AND she was the only one in the room covering her lips AND she was showing less skin than many of the men in the room suffering from male pattern baldness, still apparently Mrs. Clinton was showing too much of herself in the Situation Room during the moments when Seal Team 6 killed Osama bin Laden.
You see, SHE was showing and that was too much according to the Yiddish-language Ultra-Orthodox daily Der Tzitung newspaper which literally Photoshopped the Secretary of State out of one of the most important events in the last 10 years. Why? According to Rabbi Jason Miller of New York’s The Jewish Week:
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was in the photo and, based on good intel, the editor of Der Tzitung discovered that she is a woman. The Hasidic newspaper will not intentionally include any images of women in the paper because it could be considered sexually suggestive.
Mrs. Clinton wasn’t the only one edited out of the photo. The only other woman in the photo, Audrey Tomason, Director for Counterterrorism, was also edited out.
Miller suggests that Der Tzitung is attempting to change history by editing the photo like they are. “To my mind, this act of censorship is actually a violation of the Jewish legal principle of g’neivat da’at (deceit).”
Additionally the White House posted a rights usage restriction* on their Flickr page (yes they have a Flickr page) that explicitly says that the “photograph may not be manipulated in any way.” I’m not sure how they’re going to feel about this. Remember, these guys people just sent a Seal team to take out the number one terrorist in the world.
*This official White House photograph is being made available only for publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that in any way suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.
- Hillary Clinton Photoshopped From Situation Room Photo (styleite.com)
- Hillary Clinton Photostopped Out Of Iconic Situation Room Photograph (outsidethebeltway.com)
- MYSTERY: What’s On The Blurred Out Document In Front Of Hillary Clinton In The Situation Room?? (businessinsider.com)
- Hillary Clinton On Situation Room Photo: It Was My Allergies (businessinsider.com)
- Some Stories Are Too Good To Be True: Mierle Ukeles & Hillary Clinton (theawl.com)
- The Hillary Ed-out in Brooklyn Op-ed (desertpeace.wordpress.com)
- Allergy versus Anguish. A Scientific Look at Mrs. Clinton in the White House Situation Room (diseasemanagementcareblog.blogspot.com)
- Osama bin Laden: Hillary Clinton ‘no idea’ what they were watching (telegraph.co.uk)
- Clinton on intense photo: Blame it on allergies? (cbsnews.com)
- The Truth About Hillary Clinton! (raincoaster.com)